The sound you hear is Tina Fey high-fiving a million angels… because it’s launch day for Everybody Writes!
Good writing helps good marketers become great marketers.
And today, the book is finally in stock at the bookseller of your choice.
Which means the sound you might also hear is thousand book spines being cracked open for the first time.
(I love that sound. Whether it’s my book or not.)
And I suppose you can also find it at your local library or bookmobile… as well as back-alley black market, bootleg site, or wherever books are available, traded, or sold. Not that I recommend black market or bootleggers.
And, more important, it’s useful and approachable and (I think) fun to read.
Pop quiz: Who needs a book on writing that feels as heavy as a swimming pool filled with wet cement?
Answer: Not you.
Last week at Content Marketing World, someone asked me whether every marketing team should have a dedicated “content person.”
I have a different take. I believe every marketer should be a “content person,” period.
In other words, every marketer should be able to write with clarity, brevity, and utility—just as every contractor who showed up to work on my Tiny Office could wield a hammer. I believe this:
Becoming a good writer will help make you a great marketer.
So I wrote this book to help you become that marketer.
If you buy it by midnight tonight (9/15/14) and send your receipt to preorders (at) annhandley.com, you’ll get some sweet swag in the mail in about a week or so.
Also, you’ll get my warm appreciation, sincere thanks, and your own loud high-five slap when I see you.
If you are at HubSpot’s Inbound 2014 tomorrow, Tuesday, September 16th, I’ll be signing some of the first copies there at 6 PM during the Happy Hour.
Oddly, they have me set up near the bar. Not sure who made that call… but clearly that person at HubSpot knows me well.
I’m grateful to friends and colleagues who are helping to spread the word about the lovefest between marketing and writing.
Check out a few interviews, excerpts, and more about why being a good writer will make you a great marketer:
- Is Writing Still the Most Important Social Skill? [Podcast with Jay Baer, who instantly regretted having me on his show TWICE) (Kidding. Jay loves me.) (I think.)
- Everybody Writes [Interview with Lee Odden, who always manages to accommodate my slacker-lateness]
- How to Create Ridiculously Good Content [Podcast with my driver and consultant John Jantsch] (Kidding. He’s not really my driver. Except that one time.)
- Keep It Simple, But Not Simplistic [Excerpt at the cleanest site on the web, Copyblogger]
- Writing and Social: Why the Written Word Is Your Marketing Advantage [Podcast focusing on Small Business Writing with Mike Stelzner]
- Everybody Writes: The Gird Your Loins Edition [Podcast with Dane Sanders]
- Grandma Mary Takes On Everybody Writes [No words, except that I love Andrea Vahl pretty fiercely]
…and to all of you, too: Big thanks.